Villa Macario, Tuscany
Astride a turn in the hillside, known as A Capo, lay an olive oil farm with exceptional views and the ruins of two buildings.
Abandoned, overgrown, collapsed.
Since 2002, we have gradually returned some 1000 olive trees to production and authentically restored Villa Macario, one of the two buildings: the result meets all the requirements of today's market.
The ruins of the other building, La Villa Padronale (screened from Villa Macario by olive trees and shrubs, and internally floodlit at night), evoke the history of this exceptional site.
We welcome guests all year round, for out-of-summer-season cultural tours as much as for family sumer holidays or plain romantic hedonism. The villa is available on a self-catering basis, through to a full villa hotel service.
The key features of this exceptional property are:
- complete privacy
- rustic peace and quiet: hear the birdsong!
- absolutely stunning panoramic views
- modern comforts & facilities in a historic setting
- sleeps 8 luxuriously, plus up to 4 more in 2 spartan bunk rooms
- feather & down bedding + Frette linen
- concierge & maid service; in-villa local home cooking, cooking classes etc
- wi-fi, air-con, satellite TV, solar-powered under-floor heating
- 6x12m infinity pool
- Florence, Lucca, Pisa, Siena, Tuscan Riviera, Cinque Terre, etc.
Watch the video + slideshow below for a full tour of the villa and its amenities... To start the slideshow, move the cursor onto the black space: a caption will appear; then click the 'play' arrow, bottom right.
Things to do Quick Guide to Lucca with "Happy"