Tuscany Description - sleeps 8-12
Villa Macario dates from the 17th century, and comprises an original barn, which has been more than doubled in size to make a beautiful, stone-clad villa set over a sloping site on two floors, whose two wings embrace a large dining terrace under a pergola, with views that are always more stunning than words or photos can ever describe. The accommodation runs to 4 luxurious super-king double bedroom suites, a large soggiorno (living room) with working fireplace, large kitchen and dining room, plus ancillary bunk bedrooms (sleeping up to four more). Outside there are two further terraces, a 12x7m infinity swimming pool, gardens, olive groves and woods, running in total to some 25 acres. In addition to its widespread panorama, yet (paradoxically) overlooked by nothing, the place is imbued with peace and absolute privacy. Florence and all the major destinations of Tuscany are within day-trip range...
The ground floor facilities comprise:
- Entrance, from gravelled parking area
- Inner Hall, with stairs to upper floor
- Dining Room
- The Pink Bedroom Suite
- The Green Bedroom Suite
- Ancillary Bunk Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Ancillary Shower Room
- Office area
- Garage (not used for guest parking) and Service Rooms
- all arranged around The Lower Terrace (summer Dining Area)
The Upper Floor facilities comprise:
- Soggiorno (Living Room)
- Second Kitchen (available by special arrangement)
- Guest WC
- Yellow Bedroom Suite
- Grey Master Bedroom Suite, with Dressing Room
- off the Lobby is the East Terrace
- off the Soggiorno is the Upper Terrace
Services & Finishes
- wi-fi, air-con, under-floor heating, solar panels, working fireplaces, UK satellite TV
- Smeg kitchen, US fridge + gadgets; Frette linen, feather & down bedding, maid service
- interior-designed authentic restoration, featuring Busatti fabrics & contemporary photography
Outside & Beyond...
The outside facilities comprise:
- the Lower Terrace is used as an exterior Dining Area, in season.
- the East Terrace is ideal for breakfast in the morning sun
- the Upper Terrace may be used for eating and relaxation (sofa & armchairs)
- the 12x7m infinity Swimming Pool (surrounded by protective fence, walls etc) is above the villa
- landscaped gardens, designed by Martin Burgess
- a series of walks through our extensive Olive Groves
- paths through the woods up to the local monastery, some 800m above the villa
- hiking paths down to restaurants above and below the villa
- hiking path to winery above the villa
- approach road leads down through olive grove and woodlands to San Macario in Monte
- day trips to Florence, Siena, Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano, Forte Dei Marmi, Cinque Terre, etc.
- 7 golf courses with approx 1 hour's drive, tennis, sailing on the coast
- opera (Lucca was the home of Puccini), cultural tours (art, wine, cooking, olive oil, etc)...